Really, the only way to get affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Toledo.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more details to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you'll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
A study showed that about 70% of customers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. Ohio consumers could cut their rates by up to $730 a year, but they don't invest the time required to shop their coverage around.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these tips. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Toledo is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Nevertheless, Ohio consumers must understand the way companies determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger companies have better prices if you take out life insurance.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student Discounts - This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Renewal Discounts - Some car insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current PT Cruiser insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Onboard Data Collection - Toledo drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for several vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chrysler PT Cruiser yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may have most of these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see car insurance companies who offer discounts in Toledo, follow this link.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide details like if it has an anti-theft system, coverage limits, how much education you have, and if a SR-22 is needed. Your details is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes immediately.
To compare rates for your Chrysler PT Cruiser now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Toledo.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Toledo, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Chrysler PT Cruiser coverage analysis
The premium table shown below highlights estimates of coverage costs for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are established helps drivers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$132||$238||$202||$12||$60||$644||$54|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$132||$238||$202||$12||$60||$644||$54|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates greatly.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Chrysler PT Cruiser premium costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below shows the difference between Chrysler PT Cruiser yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Lower Your Toledo Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Never allow your auto insurance policy to lapse - Not having insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Ohio motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Pay more if you have a long commute - Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
- How many coverages with the same company - Most companies will award discounts to buyers who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's in your best interest to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Proper usage rating affects premiums - The more you drive your Chrysler each year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that are left in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's always a good idea to double check that your policy reflects the correct usage. An incorrectly rated PT Cruiser may be costing you.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Toledo insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Toledo should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Toledo?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Best car insurance agent in Toledo
If you would like to find a reliable agent, there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Toledo are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. These agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Toledo that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
The following are Toledo independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
4560 Heatherdowns Blvd # 103 - Toledo, OH 43614 - (419) 385-2797 - View Map
If you receive good responses to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide auto insurance.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Toledo, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $825 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote more to save more
When you buy Toledo car insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Toledo can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Toledo car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
We covered many ideas to get a better price on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Toledo. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. They often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Additional learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Toledo Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)