How many years has it been since you compared the cheapest Volvo S80 insurance in Toledo? I really doubt anyone anticipates paying for auto insurance, particularly when they could find better prices if they shop around.
Unthinkable but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Toledo drivers can cut their rates by up to $729 a year just by comparing rates, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads and it is difficult to ignore the propaganda and find the best price available.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Volvo S80 insurance in Toledo is to realize most of the larger companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is provide details including if a SR-22 is required, deductibles desired, how your vehicles are used, and the ages of drivers. That rating information is instantly sent to insurance companies and you get price estimates immediately.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Toledo, OH. In order to find cheap car insurance in OH, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Data for Volvo S80 insurance
The coverage table displayed below highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Volvo S80 models. Learning how prices are established is important for drivers to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$164||$298||$234||$14||$70||$780||$65|
|S80 Executive AWD||$164||$336||$234||$14||$70||$818||$68|
|S80 V8 AWD||$180||$336||$234||$14||$70||$834||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence premiums considerably.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Volvo S80 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula for eliminating full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo S80 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo S80 insurance, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your premiums.
- Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – Policies have optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your S80 policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and membership fees are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Driver age impacts rates – Inexperience drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- No policy gaps is important – Going without insurance will be a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage might get you fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Ohio department of motor vehicles.
Females tend to cost less – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
The information below shows the difference between Volvo S80 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Good drivers pay less – Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Having just one driving citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with flagrant citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can affect Volvo S80 insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Volvo. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, or theft. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more miles you rack up on your Volvo every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your car insurance policy shows annual mileage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your S80 is throwing money out the window.
- Urban areas may pay more – Having an address in less populated areas can save you money when buying car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Loss probability for a Volvo S80 – Insurers analyze historical claim data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo S80 Vehicles Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S80 4dr 2WD 82 Volvo S80 4dr 4WD 93BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Volvo S80 insurance in Toledo?
Some insurance providers do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- No Accidents – Toledo drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers could receive better insurance rates.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volvo S80 auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century has savings for teen driver, defensive driver, air bags, theft prevention, and homeowners.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, anti-theft, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide has discounts for anti-theft, good student, business or organization, easy pay, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including safety device, homeowner, renters, online quote, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not apply in Toledo. If you would like to view companies who offer discounts in Toledo, click here to view.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Volvo S80?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important particularly in Toledo.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because prices are sent instantly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Insurance agent types
If you want to buy car insurance from local Toledo agents, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Agents in Toledo are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Featured below are Toledo independent agents that can possibly get you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Toledo that can give you comparison quotes.
State Farm: Romie Brown
1843 W Alexis Rd #1 – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 480-1212 – View Map
Marty Vugrinac – State Farm Insurance Agent
1022 S Reynolds Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 389-0533 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Toledo?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Toledo?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Toledo?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Ohio?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as low cost Volvo S80 insurance quotes, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be trusted to provide car insurance coverage.
Best car insurance in Toledo
Selecting the best insurer can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Ohio. The company ratings in the next section may help you decide which companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Smart consumers save more
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Discount Volvo S80 insurance in Toledo can be purchased both online and with local Toledo insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
How to quote cheaper Volvo S80 insurance in Toledo
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable Volvo S80 insurance in Toledo is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
- Step 1: Try to understand individual coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that drive up the price like traffic tickets, fender benders, and bad credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Find a Toledo insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Single Moms in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)