Finding low-cost Toledo Honda Insight insurance quotes online can be somewhat difficult for vehicle owners who are beginners to quoting and buying their auto insurance over the internet. With such a large number of insurers available, how are we expected to possibly compare each option to find the best pricing?
Remarkably, a study showed that the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most undervalue the benefits if they bought a different policy.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage every six months because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rates on Honda Insight insurance in Toledo six months ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Insight insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the best ways to slash your auto insurance rates in Toledo.
All major car insurance companies provide coverage prices directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Honda Insight insurance in Toledo is quite easy as you just type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on these factors.
The ability to get online price quotes for Honda Insight insurance in Toledo makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get cheap prices.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Ohio. To get cheaper auto insurance in OH, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Data for Honda Insight insurance
The table shown below highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Honda Insight models. Understanding how insurance premiums are established is important for drivers to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates considerably.
Driving violations and accidents
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accidents influence Honda Insight insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below compares Honda Insight insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no written rule to eliminate full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Honda Insight claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Insight insurance, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Honda Insight, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What Determines Honda Insight Insurance Premiums?
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Stay claim-free and reduce premiums – Car insurance companies in Ohio award discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Youthful drivers cost more – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Deter car thieves – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Your occupation may affect prices – Jobs like judges, social workers, and financial analysts generally pay the highest average rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as farmers, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Policy add-ons add up – There are many add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Single drivers take more risk – Being married can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Consolidating policies can get discounts – Many insurance companies give a discount to people that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Affordable Honda Insight insurance quotes in Toledo
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some must be asked about before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Toledo auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you low cost Honda Insight insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Honda Insight yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford has savings for driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, bundle, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for annual mileage, location of vehicle, accident-free, professional/association, type of vehicle, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, federal employee, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, and multi-car.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, student away at school, defensive driving training, anti-theft, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere. To view insurance companies who offer online Honda Insight insurance quotes in Toledo, click here.
How much auto insurance do I need?
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Honda Insight is totaled?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Don’t I need to contact an agent?
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Toledo.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Toledo can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, you will want to contact at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Toledo that can give you free price quotes.
- Detlef Insurance
833 Woodville Rd – Toledo, OH 43605 – (419) 693-7458 – View Map
- Kranz PJ Insurance Agency
4349 Talmadge Rd – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 473-2416 – View Map
- RBI Insurance and Financial Services
3421 N Holland Sylvania Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 841-4446 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Toledo that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Tim Wyrostek
2008 N Holland Sylvania Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 536-5100 – View Map
- Johnny Horn – State Farm Insurance Agent
457 S Reynolds Rd d – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 531-4800 – View Map
- Becki Ballenger – State Farm Insurance Agent
3520 Heatherdowns Blvd #5 – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 385-5775 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How are claims handled?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Once you have good answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. Just remember it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy at any time so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to a specific company with no way out.
Toledo car insurance company ratings
Ending up with the best insurer can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Toledo. The ranking information below can help you pick which companies you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Cheaper auto insurance in Toledo is available online and with local Toledo insurance agents, so get free Toledo auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on Honda Insight insurance in Toledo. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Honda Insight insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Steps to buying lower priced Honda Insight insurance in Toledo
The recommended way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Toledo. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)