Unthinkable but true, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,343, Ohio drivers could save up to 55% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The easiest way to find more affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Toledo is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in Ohio.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies. View prices
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Most companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Toledo is quite easy as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the form. Once entered, their rating system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to get the best rate possible.
To save time and find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Ohio. To find cheaper auto insurance in Toledo, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Ohio
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Fusion Energi insurance, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Toledo
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every possible discount very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their company to look at driving patterns remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Toledo auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- E-sign Discounts – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Toledo auto insurance on your computer.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies give discounts for switching companies before your current Fusion Energi insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, driver’s education, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers discounts include hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, early quote, save driver, multi-car, continuous insurance, and student away at school.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, new move discount, new graduate, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, and newly retired.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your state.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Toledo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to insurance agents in Toledo who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Toledo can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Toledo who can help you get comparison quotes.
833 Woodville Rd – Toledo, OH 43605 – (419) 693-7458 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Toledo that are able to give price quotes.
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
After getting positive feedback to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Which auto insurance company is best in Ohio?
Ending up with the best insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Ohio. The rank data shown below can help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Collision – This covers damage to your Fusion Energi from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Fusion Energi to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive protection – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and hail damage. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for EMT expenses, dental work, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Ohio limits are 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability – This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, bail bonds, court costs, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Ohio state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be adequate.
A conclusion for your insurance search
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Toledo. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Toledo auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When searching for affordable Toledo auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)