Unfortunately, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Toledo consumers can save up to $729 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't understand the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The easiest way to get low-cost Ford Flex insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Toledo.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle's registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Ford Flex insurance in Toledo is to know the trick most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is provide information such as if a SR-22 is needed, types of safety features, how much coverage you want, and the type of vehicles you drive. That information is then sent to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates instantly.
To compare rates for your Ford Flex now, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Toledo, OH. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Toledo, OH, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Ford Flex insurance analysis
The data table shown next highlights detailed analysis of coverage costs for Ford Flex models. Learning how policy rates are formulated can assist in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$138||$234||$238||$14||$72||$696||$58|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$138||$276||$238||$14||$72||$738||$62|
|Flex SEL AWD||$154||$276||$238||$14||$72||$754||$63|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$154||$276||$238||$14||$72||$754||$63|
|Flex Limited AWD||$154||$276||$238||$14||$72||$754||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease premium rates noticeably.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and accidents can increase Ford Flex car insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Age, gender, and Ford Flex insurance
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Flex car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Choosing Ford vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Flex in Toledo, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford Flex, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Ford Flex and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Cheap Ford Flex insurance rates in Toledo
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Toledo car insurance quote as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger companies have a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Flex insurance in Toledo.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education - Have your child enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
The information below compares Ford Flex insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver's education.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, claim free, anti-theft, good student, and paid-in-full.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, accident-free, family plan, good student, business or organization, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Ford Flex rate quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply in every state. If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Toledo, click here to view.
Insurance agencies near you
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent. Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Toledo who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Toledo insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Toledo that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Tim Wyrostek
2008 N Holland Sylvania Rd - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 536-5100 - View Map
- Eric Price - State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 N Reynolds Rd #104b - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 536-6030 - View Map
- Jamie Mauntler - State Farm Insurance Agent
5401 Secor Rd - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 474-0559 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Toledo that are able to give price quote information.
- Walton Insurance LLC
3307 N Holland Sylvania Rd #6 - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 725-2886 - View Map
- Detlef Insurance
833 Woodville Rd - Toledo, OH 43605 - (419) 693-7458 - View Map
- Gus Badra Insurance Agency
3454 Oak Alley Court, Suite 106 A, Toledo 43606 - Suite 106 A, OH 43606 - (419) 469-5522 - View Map
Once you have positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as a price you're happy with, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly service your car insurance policy. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel a policy any time you want so never feel you're contractually obligated to any particular company for any length of time.
Best car insurance company in Ohio
Choosing the top insurer can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Toledo. The rank data listed below could help you analyze which coverage providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Allstate - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Erie Insurance - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Esurance - A+
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford Flex is worth?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Flex resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Flex to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, medical expenses, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Ohio requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for hospital visits, dental work and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Ford Flex.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Shop smart and save
Budget-friendly car insurance in Toledo can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don't offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Ford Flex insurance in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Toledo car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Toledo Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)