Think you have an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because there are many Toledo drivers thinking the same thing.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop around once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because of the high probability of finding discount prices. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rates annually saved about $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Toledo is your intention, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare insurance can make shopping around easier. Because there are so many choices for buying affordable insurance for a Dodge Intrepid in Toledo, it’s nearly impossible to find the lowest price company.
It’s important to check insurance prices once or twice a year because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate on Dodge Intrepid insurance in Toledo six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of wrong information about Intrepid insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some great ways to quit paying high insurance rates in Toledo.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Toledo is really quite easy. If you are insured now or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Shoppers just need to understand the most time-saving way to compare company rates online.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Ohio. If you want the best auto insurance in Toledo, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Take advantage of these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy early. You may see this discount when you get Toledo auto insurance quotes online.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Toledo auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Toledo Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, passive restraint, good student, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, business or organization, good student, and family plan.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, defensive driver, daytime running lights, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, good student, and membership and employees.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, and good driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, automatic seat belts, early bird, good student, 55 and older, student driver, and homeowners.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and bundle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state. To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Toledo, click here to view.
Neighborhood Toledo auto insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Toledo who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How long has their agency been open in Toledo?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you’re trying to find a local agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in Toledo are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both do a good job, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Toledo willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
The following are Toledo independent insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Once you have positive responses to all your questions as well as cheap Intrepid insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide auto insurance. It’s important to know that you are entitled to terminate your policy any time you want so don’t feel you are locked into the auto insurance policy indefinitely.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive your Dodge in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your vehicle rating is showing the correct driver usage. Incorrect rating for your Intrepid may be wasting your money.
Your stress level may be raising your premiums – Jobs such as military personnel, police officers, and stock brokers have higher premium rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work days. Conversely, professions such as actors, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
Better car insurance rates on safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
Pay less after the wedding – Your spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Bad credit hurts insurance prices – An insured’s credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Intrepid by improving your credit score.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Toledo, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Intrepid with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Toledo overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to save money.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
The cheapest Dodge Intrepid insurance in Toledo can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to reduce Dodge Intrepid insurance car insurance rates online in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Toledo auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a small local company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to buying affordable Dodge Intrepid insurance in Toledo
Really, the only way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Toledo. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as your driving record and a low credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Intrepid coverage is available in Toledo. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
More information is available at these links:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Toledo Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)