Want the cheapest Dodge Avenger insurance in Toledo? Did a good deal turn into an expensive insurance policy? Trust us, there are many Toledo consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
A recent study showed that 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Most drivers in the U.S. could pocket roughly 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rate quotes online.
Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Dodge Avenger insurance in Toledo six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the best way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Components of Your Dodge Avenger Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live or your commute time.
- Vehicle options can affect rates - Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- How much liability protection - The liability section of your policy kicks in if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
More performance means higher rates - The type of vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following data assumes a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Dodge Avenger car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
- High physical damage deductibles cost less - Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less your insurance will be.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Avenger has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Rural vs Urban Areas - Being located in areas with lower population has definite advantages when it comes to insurance. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
- You may save more by consolidating policies - Most major companies will award lower prices to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
The easiest way to compare policy rates for Dodge Avenger insurance in Toledo is to realize most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is provide a small amount of information including if you require a SR-22, any included safety features, if the vehicle is leased, and deductibles desired. Those rating factors is instantly sent to insurance companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To compare rates for your Dodge Avenger now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Ohio. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Ohio, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Dodge Avenger insurance coverage information
The information below showcases detailed analysis of coverage costs for Dodge Avenger models. Understanding more about how insurance quotes are determined can be valuable when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Toledo which can alter coverage prices significantly.
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Dodge Avenger yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of insurance rates by age and gender
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Avenger yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Avenger yearly insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Dodge Avenger book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Why you need insurance for your Dodge vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Toledo, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Avenger, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio overpays more than $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper Dodge Avenger insurance rates in Toledo
Some insurers do not advertise every discount very well, so the below list has some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Toledo car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- 55 and Retired - Older drivers can get a slight reduction on a Toledo car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multi-line Discount - Select car insurance companies reward you with lower car insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
As a sidenote, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above include:
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be offered in Toledo. To view insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Ohio, click here.
Local Toledo insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Toledo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How long has their agency been in business in Toledo?
How to find a good Toledo car insurance company
Selecting a highly-rated insurer can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Ohio. The company information displayed below may help you pick which insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Allstate - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Erie Insurance - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Esurance - A+
Shop smart and save
We just presented a lot of information how to lower your Dodge Avenger insurance rates in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Toledo car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When searching for the cheapest Dodge Avenger rate quotes, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Dodge Avenger insurance in Toledo can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
How to find cheaper rates for Dodge Avenger insurance in Toledo
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper Dodge Avenger insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Toledo.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about car insurance and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Avenger insurance. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)