It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around at least once a year are highly likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is why you’re here, understanding how to shop for insurance rates can help simplify the process.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from providers who sell insurance in Toledo.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for additional ideas to get low prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper TL coverage is available in Toledo. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important note is to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Our objective is to help you learn how to effectively get price quotes and also save some money in the process If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the concepts covered in this article. But Ohio vehicle owners must know how big insurance companies determine premium rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Finding Acura TL insurance in Toledo, Ohio
When comparing insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Toledo TL insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare price estimates from them, too.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Toledo, OH. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Ohio, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Acura TL detailed coverage information
The premium table displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance prices for Acura TL models. Understanding how premiums are determined can be useful when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$190||$408||$256||$16||$76||$946||$79|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$190||$408||$256||$16||$76||$946||$79|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$190||$468||$256||$16||$76||$1,006||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can change Acura TL insurance prices for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost in Toledo?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Acura TL yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive formula for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura TL book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura TL in Toledo, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Acura for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Acura TL but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
How You Can Control Acura TL Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that go into determining insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in big savings.
Shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Never let your coverage expire – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Ohio motor vehicle department.
- Get better premiums if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on insurance. It means you’re more responsible and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Ohio generally give the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Do males or females drive better? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The example below shows the comparison of Acura TL annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Acura. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The type of car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates are for the lowest performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below uses these variables: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Acura TL insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performances.
How your age affects costs – Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when driving so insurance rates are higher.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Don’t get traffic citations – Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Even a single driving citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have severe citations like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The example below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders increase Acura TL auto insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Acura TL insurance loss data – Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased losses will have higher premium rates.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Acura TL vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura TL Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura TLX 4dr 2WD 90 75 97 93 74 77 Acura TLX 4dr 4WD 120 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Acura TL insurance discounts in Toledo
Some providers don’t always publicize every discount they offer very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Memberships – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Toledo may earn a discount when getting a Toledo car insurance quote.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The example below compares Acura TL premium costs with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in your area. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Acura TL insurance quotes in Toledo, click this link.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in Ohio?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Acura TL to commute?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local insurance agents
Some people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Toledo.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Toledo who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find a local Toledo insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include independent agents for the best price selection.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Toledo that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Toledo who can help you get rate quotes.
Selecting a insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Toledo?
- How long have they been in business?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Once you have good responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to lower your Acura TL insurance car insurance rates in Toledo. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When getting Toledo car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Toledo? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)