If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Acura ILX insurance in Toledo is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies that insure vehicles in Ohio. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, read and learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides instructions to help prevent expensive coverage and find hidden discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Toledo. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Unthinkable but true, most drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Toledo could save $729 every year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
Finding cheaper coverage in Toledo is not as hard as you may think. If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Smart shoppers just need to understand the least time-consuming way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Best companies for cheap Acura ILX insurance in Ohio
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Ohio. To buy cheaper car insurance in Ohio, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Five factors that determine insurance premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one driving citation can increase rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Spending more time driving means higher likelihood of an accident.
Filing auto insurance claims can increase rates – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Ohio award lower rates to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Deter vehicle theft – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Only buy add-on coverages you need – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Acura ILX insurance loss statistics – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Acura ILX vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t overlook these Acura ILX insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some need to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching companies early. It can save you around 10%.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, good student, good driver, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, business and professional, pay in full, good student, and homeowner.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good student, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include defensive driving, good student, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
If you want low cost Toledo auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your state.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Toledo insurance agencies?
A lot of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in Toledo.
After completing this quick form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Toledo auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a local Toledo insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Toledo are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Toledo that may be able to give rate quotes.
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Toledo that are able to give comparison quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How long has their agency been in business in Toledo?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned a lot of information how to get a better price on Acura ILX insurance in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)