It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around once a year are likely to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Toledo is the reason for your visit, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
The best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Toledo is to compare prices annually from providers who provide car insurance in Ohio.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and your credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Once received, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Toledo is actually quite simple. Nearly every car owner who needs cheaper car insurance will most likely find better rates. Nevertheless, Ohio drivers do need to understand how big insurance companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
How Insurance Providers Determine Subaru WRX Insurance Rates
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates.
The list below includes some of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
Stress out and pay more - Jobs like military generals, architects, and dentists generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers like farmers, students and retirees pay the least.
Do you really need to file those insurance claims? - Auto insurance companies in Ohio generally give the best rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Rates are affected by your address - Being located in less populated areas is a good thing when talking about insurance. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Ohio cities have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
High performance equals high premiums - The type of car or truck you drive makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
How many coverages with the same company - Most larger insurance companies apply lower prices to customers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare Subaru WRX rates in Toledo to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Your credit rating is important - Your credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your insurance rates. So if your credit score is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your Subaru WRX by repairing your credit. Insureds with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
Insurance losses for a Subaru WRX - Companies analyze historical claim data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Subaru Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much does Subaru WRX insurance in Toledo, OH cost?
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Toledo WRX insurance quotes online, so it's important to also get rates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Toledo, OH. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Toledo, OH, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Toledo, insuring your vehicle is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Subaru WRX has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Subaru at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your WRX definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $700 annually so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise every discount very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Paper-free Discount - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Accident Free - Toledo drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Toledo auto insurance quote in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Distant Student - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Toledo without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for location of vehicle, age of vehicle, anti-theft, good student, type of vehicle, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, multi-policy, family plan, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
Double check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state. To see insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Getting quotes from local Toledo car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Toledo who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting a insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. Before buying a policy in Toledo, get answers to these questions.
- How long have they been in business?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you're trying to find a local Toledo insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Toledo that are able to give price quote information.
- Jan Scotland - State Farm Insurance Agent
4806 Dorr St - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 536-4200 - View Map
- Bud Moody - State Farm Insurance Agent
1751 W Sylvania Ave - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 471-9909 - View Map
- Marty Vugrinac - State Farm Insurance Agent
1022 S Reynolds Rd - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 389-0533 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, you should always check rates from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Toledo independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Gus Badra Insurance Agency
3454 Oak Alley Court, Suite 106 A, Toledo 43606 - Suite 106 A, OH 43606 - (419) 469-5522 - View Map
- American Casualty Insurance
6060 Renaissance Pl i - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 885-3571 - View Map
- D and R Insurance Inc
240 S Reynolds Rd - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 535-5600 - View Map
If you get positive feedback as well as the cheapest Subaru WRX insurance in Toledo quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy. Just remember policyholders can cancel a policy for any reason so don't feel that you are obligated to a policy indefinitely.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What if I total my Subaru WRX and owe more than it's worth?
- What is the ISO rating for a Subaru WRX?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Cheap car insurance premiums are out there
Discount Subaru WRX insurance in Toledo can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Toledo auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Focus in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)