To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Toledo is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Ohio.
- Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Azera coverage is available. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
It's an obvious statement that insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. People who do rate comparisons are likely to move their business because there is a great chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who shopped around every year saved on average $865 a year compared to those who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance in Toledo is your target objective, then learning about how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can make it easier for you to save money.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. Shopping for affordable policy in Toledo is not as time-consuming as you think. Although Ohio vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
The quickest way to compare rates for Hyundai Azera insurance in Toledo is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information like how much coverage you want, your job, whether you are married, and if you require a SR-22. The data is then submitted to insurance companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Hyundai Azera insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Toledo.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Ohio. To buy the best car insurance in Ohio, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Rates and detailed analysis
The data table below covers a range of policy rates for Hyundai Azera models. Having a better idea how insurance prices are figured can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$416||$226||$14||$68||$920||$77|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$416||$226||$14||$68||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease rates noticeably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Azera insurance prices when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact rule for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Hyundai Azera book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Hyundai with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Azera are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Learn How to Quote Insurance More Affordably
Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Gender is a factor - Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don't assume that females are better drivers. They both tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Azera car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Type of car determines base rates - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The chart below uses these variables: married female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Hyundai Azera insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Higher deductibles are cheaper - Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Save money with theft deterrents - Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Driver age impacts prices - Young drivers in Ohio have been known to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teenage driver to your insurance policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Marriage pays dividends - Getting married actually saves money on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more mature and responsible and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Multiple policies with one company - Most insurers will give discounts to clients who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
Insurance loss data for a Hyundai Azera - Companies use claims history when setting rates for each model. Models that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Hyundai Azera vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheap Hyundai Azera insurance in Toledo with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Toledo auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Toledo auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Azera insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student in College - Kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
The information below compares Hyundai Azera insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- MetLife has savings for good student, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for professional/association, type of vehicle, accident-free, location of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, defensive driving, family plan, easy pay, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere. To choose insurance companies with the best discounts in Toledo, click here to view.
Do I need special coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Hyundai Azera?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Ohio?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Many people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important especially in Toledo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. You never need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Two types of Toledo auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Toledo can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Toledo that can give you price quotes.
- House of Insurance
5801 Telegraph Rd - Toledo, OH 43612 - (419) 476-8436 - View Map
- Regan Insurance
3034 W Sylvania Ave - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 292-0001 - View Map
- Anderson-Miller Insurance
4149 N Holland Sylvania Rd #3 - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 882-1770 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are well schooled on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Toledo who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Tim Wyrostek
2008 N Holland Sylvania Rd - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 536-5100 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Evans Insurance Group Corp.
1900 Monroe St - Toledo, OH 43604 - (419) 241-8061 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Nicholas Chupp
2338 W Laskey Rd - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 861-3412 - View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can adequately provide insurance. Just understand that once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy whenever you choose to so don't feel you are locked into a specific agent for a certain time period.
Affordable insurance is out there
We covered many ways to find cheap Hyundai Azera insurance in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
The cheapest Hyundai Azera insurance in Toledo can be sourced both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Single Moms in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)