Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many consumers in Toledo can cut their rates by roughly $730 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop around.
The recommended way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Toledo is to annually compare prices from providers who provide auto insurance in Ohio. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for additional tips to get better rates and find missing discounts.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. When you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance quotes comparison
The majority of larger companies allow you to get coverage price quotes direct online. The process is very simple as you simply enter your personal and coverage information on the page. Once you submit the form, the system will obtain your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on these and other factors. Getting online quotes for Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Toledo makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to find lower-cost prices.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This ensures you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Ohio. To get the best cheap car insurance in Toledo, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Save with these premium slashing discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Driving Data Discount – Toledo drivers who agree to allow data collection to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Toledo car insurance quote.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower premium rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, early bird, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver’s education, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- 21st Century offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive driver, early bird, student driver, and 55 and older.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for payment discounts, student away at school, continuous insurance, driver training, and early quote.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, good student, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
If you want cheaper Toledo car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in every state. For a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Toledo, click here to view.
Are insurance agents of importance?
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Toledo should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Ohio?
Best car insurance agent in Toledo
When researching an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both write auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are Toledo exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
State Farm: Romie Brown
1843 W Alexis Rd #1 – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 480-1212 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Toledo willing to provide price quote information.
833 Woodville Rd – Toledo, OH 43605 – (419) 693-7458 – View Map
If you get positive feedback to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that can provide auto insurance coverage. Just be aware that you are entitled to terminate coverage any time you want so never feel that you’re stuck with your new company for a certain time period.
Lower Your Toledo Insurance Costs
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Job reflects on prices – Occupational choices like military generals, business owners, and medical professionals usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. It may mean you are less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Accidents cost more than a fine – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates substantially. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have license-revoking citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to legally drive.
Theft deterrents save – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Consolidate policies and save money – Most larger insurers will award discounts to customers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare other Toledo Rav4 Hybrid insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Good credit scores equal low rates – Your credit history is a big factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Toyota Rav4 Hybrid by taking the time to improve your credit score.
City dwellers may pay more – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large Ohio cities tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving more miles in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Rav4 Hybrid can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Toledo auto insurance companies
Picking a high-quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Toledo. The company ratings listed below may help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Quote often and quote early
Low-cost Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Toledo can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
We covered a lot of ways to compare Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance premium rates in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Toledo car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Much are Toledo Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)