To save the most money, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Toledo. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Toledo. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. Once received, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
A recent study showed that over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Ohio could save 55% each year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If you are already insured or just want to save money, follow these tips to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Obtaining price quotes for the lowest cost policy in Toledo is actually quite simple. Smart buyers just need to learn the tricks to buy auto insurance online.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Toledo, OH. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Toledo, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting a policy for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my Chrysler 300M covered for smoke damage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Toledo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Toledo that may be able to give free car insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: AOK Ins and Financial Services LLC
4452 Heatherdowns Blvd – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 472-9405 – View Map
- Mouch Insurance Associates, Inc.
3132 W Sylvania Ave – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 725-0056 – View Map
- RBI Insurance and Financial Services
3421 N Holland Sylvania Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 841-4446 – View Map
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Toledo that can give you comparison quotes.
- Becki Ballenger – State Farm Insurance Agent
3520 Heatherdowns Blvd #5 – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 385-5775 – View Map
- State Farm: Rex Sims
111 N Reynolds Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 531-4036 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Bob Rowland
3138 Tremainsville Rd – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 472-9777 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Ohio?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Which car insurance company is best in Toledo?
Choosing the highest-rated car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Toledo. The information shown below can help you choose which coverage providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance