It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are very likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a cheaper policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Saturn Ion insurance is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to shop and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Toledo. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for tips to prevent high prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Toledo. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A key point to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Toledo is actually quite simple. If you are already insured, you will surely be able to get lower rates using these methods. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the fastest way to shop for insurance on the web.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Toledo, OH. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Toledo, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Toledo car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Toledo car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because it requires personal responsibility.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including early shopping, business and professional, youthful driver, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, good student, and switch companies.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, good student, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, air bags, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has savings for accident prevention training, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for preferred payment discount, safety features, multi-policy, teen driver discount, good student, new graduate, and newly married.
If you are trying to find low cost Toledo car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Toledo.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saturn in Toledo, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ion has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your Saturn and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Saturn gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying car insurance from Toledo car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Toledo who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How long has their agency been in business in Toledo?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
When searching for a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Toledo can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. They are well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Toledo willing to provide rate quotes.
Marty Vugrinac – State Farm Insurance Agent
1022 S Reynolds Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 389-0533 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Toledo independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.