The best way to quote cheaper Saturn Astra insurance in Toledo is to compare quotes annually from insurers who provide car insurance in Ohio. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once received, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Remarkably, a study showed that the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in Ohio could save as much as 55% each year just by comparing rates, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates.
Compare Saturn Astra insurance rates
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Ohio. To get cheap car insurance in OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Affordable Toledo insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- E-sign – Some larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the internet.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose insurance companies with significant discounts in Toledo, click here to view.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Saturn Astra in Toledo, insurance is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Saturn Astra with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Saturn for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Car insurance agents can help
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Toledo.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Toledo who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agents in Toledo are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both write car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below are Toledo independent insurance agencies that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Mouch Insurance Associates, Inc.
3132 W Sylvania Ave – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 725-0056 – View Map
- Fox Insurance
4560 Heatherdowns Blvd # 103 – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 385-2797 – View Map
- Kranz PJ Insurance Agency
4349 Talmadge Rd – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 473-2416 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Toledo willing to provide rate quotes.
- Matt Vierk – State Farm Insurance Agent
5650 W Central Ave, Ste AA – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 843-4001 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Nicholas Chupp
2338 W Laskey Rd – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 861-3412 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Robert Bias
4466 Heatherdowns Blvd – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 381-3352 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How are claims handled?
- How often do they review coverages?