Car owners who just recently started comparing quotes online may find locating cheaper MKS insurance is harder than it needs to be.
Sadly, almost 70% of insureds have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Consumers in Ohio could save themselves up to $729 a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The quickest method to compare policy rates for Lincoln MKS insurance in Toledo is to know the trick most larger insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like your job, whether you are married, if a SR-22 is required, and whether you have decent credit. Your rating data is then submitted to many different companies and they return cost estimate instantly.
To compare lower-cost Lincoln MKS insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Toledo.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Lincoln MKS insurance in Toledo?
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when getting a Toledo car insurance quote.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because it shows financial diligence.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKS insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above possibly include:
If you want cheaper Toledo car insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Ohio, follow this link.
Lincoln MKS insurance coverage information
The rate table below outlines a range of coverage prices for Lincoln MKS models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance prices are established can help drivers make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$412||$218||$12||$66||$898||$75|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$412||$218||$12||$66||$898||$75|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$468||$218||$12||$66||$974||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise rates substantially.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Lincoln MKS insurance prices for different age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault claims can increase Lincoln MKS car insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance rates by age and gender in Toledo
The diagram below compares Lincoln MKS auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lincoln MKS full coverage rates compared to liability only
The diagram below shows the difference between Lincoln MKS car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKS replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $500 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Toledo car insurance agent
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower auto insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from local agents is still important in Toledo.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Different types of Toledo auto insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Toledo are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Toledo who can help you get free price quotes.
- Kranz PJ Insurance Agency
4349 Talmadge Rd – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 473-2416 – View Map
- Fox Insurance
4560 Heatherdowns Blvd # 103 – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 385-2797 – View Map
- Gus Badra Insurance Agency
3454 Oak Alley Court, Suite 106 A, Toledo 43606 – Suite 106 A, OH 43606 – (419) 469-5522 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Toledo who can help you get price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Bob Rowland
3138 Tremainsville Rd – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 472-9777 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ahmad Rachidi
1544 S Byrne Rd – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 385-4107 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Doug Zajac
2119 W Sylvania Ave – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 472-5154 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Toledo?
Smart Consumers Know How to Get Auto Insurance More Affordably
Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Lower prices for being claim-free – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Ohio generally give the lowest premiums to insureds who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Drivers with responsible credit save – Credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lincoln MKS if you clean up your credit.
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your car from being stolen.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Lincoln MKS insurance loss statistics – Companies use statistical claims data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Lincoln MKS vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Lincoln MKS Models Specific Lincoln Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKS 4dr 2WD 121 90 140 78 103 Lincoln MKS 4dr 4WD 135 89 204 89 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost 4dr 4WD 139 93 153 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Ohio is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lincoln MKS, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Best auto insurance in Ohio
Selecting the best auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Ohio. The ranking information shown next may help you select which insurers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cost effective Lincoln MKS insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Toledo agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
As you quote Toledo car insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find discount Lincoln MKS insurance in Toledo
The recommended way to save money on Lincoln MKS insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who sell insurance in Toledo. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to point out is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional insurance information can be found at these links:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Car Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)