Want a free price quotes on lower-priced insurance rates in Toledo, OH? Toledo shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost Kia Spectra insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for a Kia and get the cheapest rates.
Don't overlook these Kia Spectra insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Paperless Signup - Many car insurance companies provide a small discount get Toledo car insurance digitally online.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies reward drivers for signing up before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver's Ed - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Toledo could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Kia Spectra insurance in Toledo.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for early bird, driver training, good student, air bags, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, and 55 and older.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, safe vehicle, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new graduate, newly retired, multi-car, safety features, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
If you are trying to find low cost Toledo car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Toledo. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates in Toledo, click here.
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get price estimates from their websites. Getting online rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Toledo is pretty easy as you simply enter your required coverages on the page. Once entered, their quoting system obtains your driving record and credit report and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Getting online price quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Toledo makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to do this if you want to find affordable auto insurance pricing.
To compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you are getting a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Ohio. To get cheap auto insurance in Ohio, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The items below are a few of the things insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance - Your insurance policy's liability coverage is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Youthful drivers pay more - Teen drivers in Ohio are statistically shown to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save - Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Kia. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- Drive less and pay lower prices - The more you drive your Kia every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven. A policy that improperly rates your Spectra may be wasting your money.
- Accidents mean higher rates - Your driving citation history influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise substantially. Drivers who have received multiple tickets like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Don't buy add-on coverages you don't use - There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy if you aren't careful. Coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and membership fees may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Toledo insurance agents?
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Toledo.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Toledo can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Below are Toledo independent agents that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Great Lakes Insurance Partners
5215 Monroe St # 2 - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 841-2000 - View Map
- Mann Insurance
3005 Douglas Rd - Toledo, OH 43606 - (419) 255-0040 - View Map
- Walton Insurance LLC
3307 N Holland Sylvania Rd #6 - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 725-2886 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Toledo that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm: Rex Sims
111 N Reynolds Rd - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 531-4036 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Yark Insurance Agency
6019 Central Ave b - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 842-7660 - View Map
- Bud Moody - State Farm Insurance Agent
1751 W Sylvania Ave - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 471-9909 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long has the business existed?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does their agency support local causes in Toledo?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Spectra, almost all lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Kia. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Spectra definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Smart shoppers get results
Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Toledo can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Toledo agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
People switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We covered some good ideas how you can compare Kia Spectra insurance premium rates in Toledo. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Kia Spectra insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Steps to buying discount Kia Spectra insurance in Toledo
Really, the only way to find discount Kia Spectra insurance in Toledo is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Ohio. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Spectra insurance. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to try to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Toledo? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)