It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around annually are likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on Ford Thunderbird insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Ford Thunderbird insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Toledo. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Toledo. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Cheapest Ford insurance rate quotes in Toledo
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Ohio. To get cheaper car insurance in Toledo, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheaper Toledo auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Ford may enable drivers to earn cheaper rates.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save a little off the medical payments premium.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Esurance has savings for multi-policy, good driver, good student, online quote, anti-lock brakes, online shopper, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, five-year accident-free, military active duty, defensive driver, driver training, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good student, student away at school, and driver’s education.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered in your area. To see a list of insurers with the best Ford Thunderbird insurance discounts in Ohio, click here.
The Ford Thunderbird Insurance Premium Equation
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles – The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Bad credit hurts insurance prices – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Ford Thunderbird by improving your credit score. People with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Where you live plays a part – Living in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
Prices can be impacted by your vocation – Occupations such as military generals, police officers, and emergency personnel tend to have the highest rates due to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, careers such as scientists, engineers and retirees pay the least.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Toledo auto insurance agents?
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Toledo, get answers to these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Toledo can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Toledo that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm: Romie Brown
1843 W Alexis Rd #1 – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 480-1212 – View Map
- Becki Ballenger – State Farm Insurance Agent
3520 Heatherdowns Blvd #5 – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 385-5775 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tim Wyrostek
2008 N Holland Sylvania Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 536-5100 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Toledo willing to provide price quote information.
- RBI Insurance and Financial Services
3421 N Holland Sylvania Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 841-4446 – View Map
- Kranz PJ Insurance Agency
4349 Talmadge Rd – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 473-2416 – View Map
- Park and Co Insurance
5749 Park Center Ct – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 474-8135 – View Map
Be persistent and save
There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies. Low-cost Ford Thunderbird insurance in Toledo is available on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much is Toledo Car Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)