Do you want to save money by finding low-cost Dodge Viper insurance in Toledo? Nobody I know is fond of buying insurance, in particular when they could find better prices if they shop around.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. The average driver in Toledo can save as much as 55% each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
How to buy affordable Dodge Viper insurance in Toledo
The most effective way to find affordable Dodge Viper insurance in Toledo is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
- First, get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
There are many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates for Dodge Viper insurance in Toledo.
Shopping for cheaper coverage in Toledo is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a policy now or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these tips to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to get comparison rates online.
Buy Dodge Viper Insurance at a Discount
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the things used by companies to determine premiums.
Reduce rates by staying claim free – Insurance companies in Ohio generally give the lowest premiums to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
Avoid traffic tickets – Having a single chargeable violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below illustrates how violations and fender-benders can drive up Dodge Viper insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How do annual miles impact rates? – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your auto insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Viper may be costing you higher rates.
Guys tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Viper insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deter vehicle theft – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart vehicle theft.
Marriage is a bonus – Getting married may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Don’t buy incidental coverages you don’t need – There are many additional extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and membership fees are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Dodge Viper statistical loss data – Car insurance companies study historical loss data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Dodge Viper vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Specific Dodge Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Viper 2dr||147|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Dodge Viper insurance charts and tables
The table shown below highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Dodge Viper models. Learning how rate quotes are established can be useful when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$150||$356||$218||$12||$66||$802||$67|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$150||$356||$218||$12||$66||$802||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage rates noticeably.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Toledo car insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger car insurance companies have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Viper premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and homeowner.
- Esurance offers discounts including safety device, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, and defensive driver.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, driver’s education, multiple autos, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, daytime running lights, federal employee, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Allstate may include discounts for EZ pay plan discount, good student, FullPay discount, new car, and economy car.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see insurance companies with the best Dodge Viper insurance discounts in Toledo, follow this link.
One last note
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some auto insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in Toledo is possible online as well as from independent agents in Toledo, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to find lower-cost Dodge Viper insurance in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
How to find affordable quotes for Dodge Viper insurance in Toledo
To save the most money, the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Toledo is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Ohio.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Toledo, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)