If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Toledo.
- First, try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives ideas to keep prices down and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A crucial key to this process is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It's safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around at least once a year will probably move their business because there is a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Chrysler 300 insurance in Toledo is why you're here, knowing how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with how insurance works and how to save the most money. If you currently have auto insurance, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these tips. Nevertheless, Ohio vehicle owners should learn how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
Most companies such as Allstate and Progressive provide prices direct online. Doing online quotes for Chrysler 300 insurance in Toledo doesn't take a lot of time as you simply type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's very important to do this if you want to get the most affordable car insurance rates.
If you want to find out how much you're overpaying now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Toledo, OH. To find cheap car insurance in Toledo, OH, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Chrysler 300 insurance rate analysis
The price information displayed next showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Chrysler 300 models. Understanding more about how rate quotes are calculated is important to be able to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$382||$234||$14||$70||$900||$75|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$382||$234||$14||$70||$900||$75|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$200||$382||$234||$14||$70||$900||$75|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$382||$234||$14||$70||$900||$75|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$382||$234||$14||$70||$900||$75|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$382||$234||$14||$70||$900||$75|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in your specific Toledo location which can affect prices significantly.
Analysis of deductible levels
One of the more difficult decisions when buying auto insurance is the level to set your comp and collision deductibles. The comparison tables below may help to conceptualize the difference in cost between high and low comp and collision deductibles. The first data table uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second rate chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$348||$226||$14||$68||$879||$73|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$348||$226||$14||$68||$879||$73|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$198||$348||$226||$14||$68||$879||$73|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$348||$226||$14||$68||$879||$73|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$348||$226||$14||$68||$879||$73|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$348||$226||$14||$68||$879||$73|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$220||$400||$226||$14||$68||$953||$79|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$400||$226||$14||$68||$953||$79|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$400||$226||$14||$68||$953||$79|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$400||$226||$14||$68||$953||$79|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$220||$400||$226||$14||$68||$953||$79|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$220||$400||$226||$14||$68||$953||$79|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$400||$226||$14||$68||$953||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$220||$226||$14||$68||$650||$54|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$220||$226||$14||$68||$650||$54|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$122||$220||$226||$14||$68||$650||$54|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$220||$226||$14||$68||$650||$54|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$220||$226||$14||$68||$650||$54|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$220||$226||$14||$68||$650||$54|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$136||$252||$226||$14||$68||$696||$58|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$252||$226||$14||$68||$696||$58|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$252||$226||$14||$68||$696||$58|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$252||$226||$14||$68||$696||$58|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$136||$252||$226||$14||$68||$696||$58|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$136||$252||$226||$14||$68||$696||$58|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$252||$226||$14||$68||$696||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in Toledo location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $250 deductible costs roughly $20 more each month or $240 each year than opting for the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would pay $750 more out-of-pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you have at a minimum 38 months between claims, you would save more money if you choose the higher deductible.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Chrysler 300 yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accident claims drive up Chrysler 300 insurance prices for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below illustrates the difference between Chrysler 300 annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chrysler 300 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler 300 insurance, buying auto insurance is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your 300 greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper Chrysler 300 insurance rates in Toledo
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Chrysler 300 insurance.
- Renewal Discounts - Some companies reward drivers for signing up before your current 300 insurance policy expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Toledo car insurance quote.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less could be rewarded with better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Student in College - Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Claim-Free Discount - Toledo drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will reduce your policy premiums.
The chart below shows the difference between Chrysler 300 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, new vehicle discount, new move discount, newly married, and hybrid vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, passive restraint, good student, student away at school, driver's education, and safe vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for safe driver, multi-policy, paperless, air bags, mature driver, safe vehicle, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, air bags, good student, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, bundle discounts, homeowner, and drive less.
When quoting, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. For a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Toledo, follow this link.
Local Toledo insurance agents and insurance
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Toledo.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Toledo who will return price quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a good insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, it's recommended you get several quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Toledo that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Mann Insurance
3005 Douglas Rd - Toledo, OH 43606 - (419) 255-0040 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Smithers Ins Agency LLC
229 Superior St - Rossford, OH 43460 - (419) 666-5703 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance - AOK Agency
5207 Secor Rd - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 472-9405 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Toledo who can help you get price quotes.
- Eric Price - State Farm Insurance Agent
2600 N Reynolds Rd #104b - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 536-6030 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Nicholas Chupp
2338 W Laskey Rd - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 861-3412 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Chuck Bodette
1310 W Sylvania Ave - Toledo, OH 43612 - (419) 478-2400 - View Map
Picking a insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Toledo should have no problem answering these questions:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Car insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your 300 to save money on collision insurance.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Ohio state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as fire damage, falling objects, vandalism and theft. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses like hospital visits, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chrysler 300.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Ohio limits are 25/50/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you quote Toledo car insurance, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned some good ideas how to shop for Chrysler 300 insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Toledo car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
Cheaper car insurance in Toledo is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Toledo agents, so you need to quote Toledo car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)