Toyota Prius insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. People who get price quotes annually will most likely buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved as much as $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance in Toledo is your intention, understanding the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can save money and time.
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Toyota Prius V insurance in Toledo is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Ohio.
First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides additional ideas to get lower rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Toledo. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you're already insured or want to find a cheaper company, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Comparing quotes for affordable coverage in Toledo is not as confusing as people think. Vehicle owners only need to know the proper way to compare rate quotes instantly.
Best Toyota Prius V insurance rate quotes in Ohio
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Ohio. To get cheap auto insurance in Toledo, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Toledo auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to analyze vehicle usage remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Federal Government Employee - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Toledo car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Toledo can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky. But all discounts will definitely reduce your policy cost.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, pay in full, teen driver, good student, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and business and professional.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, seat belt use, good student, and multi-policy.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, good driver, anti-theft, safety device, renters, and multi-car.
- SAFECO offers discounts for accident prevention training, multi-car, homeowner, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, multiple autos, and good student.
Before buying, ask every company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered in every state. To see companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Toledo, click this link.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Toledo car insurance agent
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in Toledo that can provide free Toledo car insurance quotes to get your business. You won't even need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Toledo?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
When researching a local Toledo insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Toledo willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jessica J. Hernandez
1855 S Reynolds Rd B - Toledo, OH 43614 - (419) 536-9000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Arrow Dickerson
5415 Monroe St #2a - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 841-5017 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Chuck Bodette
1310 W Sylvania Ave - Toledo, OH 43612 - (419) 478-2400 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare prices from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent agents in Toledo willing to provide price quote information.
- Mouch Insurance Associates, Inc.
3132 W Sylvania Ave - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 725-0056 - View Map
- Kranz PJ Insurance Agency
4349 Talmadge Rd - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 473-2416 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance - AOK Agency
5207 Secor Rd - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 472-9405 - View Map
Which car insurance company is best in Toledo?
Finding the top company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Toledo. The ranking information in the next section may help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Specifics of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and falling objects. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Prius V from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Prius V to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as emergency aid, bail bonds, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Ohio requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as surgery, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Affordable insurance is out there
When searching for low cost Toledo car insurance quotes, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Discount Toyota Prius V insurance in Toledo can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Toledo, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to find cheap Toyota Prius V insurance in Toledo. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)