Purchasing the lowest cost Toledo Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes on the internet may seem to be intimidating for people new to quoting and price shopping online. When there are so many companies, how can Toledo drivers have a chance to compare every car insurance company to find better rates?
A recent study showed that the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Ohio can save almost $729 each year, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Toledo is much easier if you know where to start. Basically, every person who needs more affordable auto insurance will more than likely be able to find better rates. Although Ohio car owners do need to know how companies calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Pontiac Solstice Insurance Rate Factors
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help determine your auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Tickets hurt – Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Liability coverage safeguards assets – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Keep auto insurance rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies in Ohio generally give lower rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most larger insurance companies provide discounts to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
Premiums are lower the older you get – More experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
Save money with high credit – Having a good credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your Pontiac Solstice by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Vehicle options that lower premiums – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
Cheaper Toledo car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Solstice may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Toledo auto insurance quote.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
To see companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Toledo, click here.
Quote more to save more
When getting Toledo auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
You just read many ways to reduce Pontiac Solstice insurance rates online in Toledo. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Toledo auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
Budget-friendly insurance in Toledo can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
How to find discount Pontiac Solstice insurance in Toledo
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Toledo. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to point out is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Electric Cars in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)