Kia Sorento insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
A study showed that 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,340, Ohio drivers can cut their rates by about $730 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Toledo is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who sell insurance in Ohio.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and bad credit can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Sorento coverage is available in Toledo. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Make sure you store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is that you use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Ohio. To buy cheap car insurance in Toledo, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Verify you're receiving every discount
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Paperless Signup - Many insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Kia may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut your policy premiums.
Some of the larger companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in every state. To find insurance companies who offer discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Can't I compare rates from local Toledo insurance agencies?
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Toledo who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How long has their agency been open in Toledo?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How are they compensated?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
How You Can Control Kia Sorento Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
- Better credit means lower premiums - An insured's credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. So if your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your Kia Sorento by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Driving citations are costly - A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten dangerous citations such as DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Most major insurers apply discounts for people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to compare Kia Sorento rates in Toledo to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- No coverage gaps is important - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Get married and pay less - Getting married may cut your premiums on car insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more financially stable and it's proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Rates impacted by your city - Living in a rural area can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Defend yourself with liability insurance - Your policy's liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safer vehicles save money - Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your Kia Sorento is rated at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Loss probability for a Kia Sorento - Car insurance companies analyze historical claim data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Kia Sorento Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though Toledo Sorento insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Lower rates by being persistent
The cheapest Kia Sorento insurance in Toledo is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Toledo insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)