If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Mercury Mariner insurance in Toledo is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Ohio.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for tips to prevent expensive rate increases and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved over $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Mercury Mariner insurance in Toledo is your objective, then learning about how to find companies and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If you're already insured or need a new policy, use these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Our objective is to help you learn the most effective ways to compare rates and some money-saving tips. Comparison shoppers just need to learn the most time-saving way to buy auto insurance over the internet.
Cheap companies for Mercury Mariner insurance in Ohio
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Toledo, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Facts and figures for Mercury Mariner insurance
The coverage table shown next showcases a range of insurance coverage prices for Mercury Mariner models. Having a good understanding how prices are established can benefit drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mariner Premier 2WD||$178||$324||$198||$12||$60||$772||$64|
|Mariner Hybrid 2WD||$178||$382||$234||$14||$70||$878||$73|
|Mariner Premier AWD||$200||$324||$198||$12||$60||$794||$66|
|Mariner Hybrid AWD||$200||$382||$234||$14||$70||$900||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions raise Mercury Mariner insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below shows the difference between Mercury Mariner yearly insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Mercury Mariner replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Discounts for cheap insurance quotes
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Defensive Driver - Taking time to complete a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- No Claim Discounts - Toledo drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Paperwork-free - Certain companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on their website.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who are attending college and don't have a car can receive lower rates.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the comparison of Mercury Mariner insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer most of the discounts above are:
If you want affordable Toledo auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policies in every state.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
When to contact an insurance agency
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Toledo that can give you free Toledo auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Toledo should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How are claims handled?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
When finding an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Toledo can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can do a good job, but it's worth mentioning why they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. They are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agencies in Toledo who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ahmad Rachidi
1544 S Byrne Rd - Toledo, OH 43614 - (419) 385-4107 - View Map
- Nathan Ensey - State Farm Insurance Agent
4024 N Holland Sylvania Rd Ste 6 - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 517-8811 - View Map
- State Farm: Romie Brown
1843 W Alexis Rd #1 - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 480-1212 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, we recommend you check rates from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Toledo willing to provide price quote information.
- Anderson-Miller Insurance
4149 N Holland Sylvania Rd #3 - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 882-1770 - View Map
- House of Insurance
5801 Telegraph Rd - Toledo, OH 43612 - (419) 476-8436 - View Map
- Regan Insurance
3034 W Sylvania Ave - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 292-0001 - View Map
Once you have answers to your satisfaction as well as a price you're happy with, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Affordable coverage is out there
Lower-priced car insurance in Toledo is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Toledo auto insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
You just learned a lot of tips how to lower your Mercury Mariner insurance prices in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Toledo auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)