We don't have to tell you that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop for lower rates are inclined to move their business because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that drivers who shopped around saved about $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Buick Regal insurance in Toledo is your ultimate target, then having some insight into how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Buick Regal insurance in Toledo is to compare quotes once a year from providers who provide car insurance in Ohio. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for instructions to lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Toledo. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To find low cost rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from different Toledo insurance companies. The best method to find competitive Buick Regal insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now. Not every company provides Toledo Regal insurance quotes over the internet, so it's recommended that you also compare prices from them as well.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Toledo, OH. If you want cheap auto insurance in OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Some insurers don't always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you may save up to 20% and get you cheaper Regal insurance.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Toledo could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower auto insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy premiums.
Some of the insurance companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Toledo. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Toledo Regal insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required by state law in Ohio and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick Regal has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Toledo?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Toledo insurance agents?
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Toledo.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Toledo who will give you bids to get your business. You don't have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choose the right car insurance agent
When looking for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Toledo may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to get several quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Toledo who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: AOK Ins and Financial Services LLC
4452 Heatherdowns Blvd - Toledo, OH 43614 - (419) 472-9405 - View Map
- Bob Burns Insurance and Financial
2229 W Laskey Rd - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 471-1950 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Smithers Ins Agency LLC
229 Superior St - Rossford, OH 43460 - (419) 666-5703 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Toledo who can help you get price quote information.
- Todd Riggs - State Farm Insurance Agent
7109 Central Ave - Toledo, OH 43617 - (419) 841-4800 - View Map
- Jan Scotland - State Farm Insurance Agent
4806 Dorr St - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 536-4200 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jennifer Soda Zielinski
2509 W Sylvania Ave Ste 12 - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 472-9690 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Toledo will have answers to these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Toledo?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Insurance coverage specifics
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25 in Ohio), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Regal from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Regal to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, falling objects, fire damage and theft. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, repair bills for other people's vehicles, loss of income and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Ohio requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.