It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding discount rates on Dodge Stratus insurance in Toledo is your goal, then knowing how to quote and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
The most effective way to get affordable Dodge Stratus insurance in Toledo is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies in Ohio.
- Step 1: Try to understand car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Stratus coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Stratus insurance in Toledo takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including marital status, if you lease or own, the ages of drivers, and whether you drive to work or school. That rating information is instantly sent to many of the top insurers and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Dodge Stratus insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Toledo, OH. If you want the best car insurance in Toledo, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though Toledo Stratus insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Stratus has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to save money.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your premiums.
Filing claims can increase rates – Companies in Ohio provide lower rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Prices and your address – Being located in a rural area may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
Liability coverage limits on your policy – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Compare rates if you consolidate your policies – Many insurers will award better rates to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
With age comes responsibility – Drivers with little experience tend to be easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
Better premiums on cars with good safety ratings – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Dodge Stratus scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Dodge. Examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Slash rates with these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Toledo Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current Stratus insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best Dodge Stratus insurance discounts in Toledo in Toledo, click this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Toledo.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Toledo who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Car insurance agents in Toledo come in two varieties
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Car insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Toledo that can give you price quote information.
833 Woodville Rd – Toledo, OH 43605 – (419) 693-7458 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Toledo who can help you get price quotes.
Choosing an insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
We just showed you many ways to reduce Dodge Stratus insurance prices online in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Dodge Stratus insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio is available below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)