It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Toledo is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Ohio. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One piece of advice is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
We don't have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don't want you shop around. Insureds who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, switch companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Toledo is the reason you're reading this, knowing how to find and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Ohio. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Toledo, OH, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for BMW M2 insurance in Toledo
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your BMW could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Multi-line Discount - Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current M2 insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Toledo car insurance online.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Toledo may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, business and professional, multi-car, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, membership and employees, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, company car, air bags, safe driver, and multiple vehicles.
- The Hartford offers discounts for good student, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-policy, driver training, good student, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA has discounts for safe driver, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, family discount, and driver training.
It's a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Toledo. For a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Toledo, click here to view.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of BMW M2 insurance, buying car insurance is required in Ohio but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your BMW at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your M2 more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Toledo who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Toledo?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents in Toledo may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. They are well schooled on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Toledo exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
State Farm: Romie Brown
1843 W Alexis Rd #1 - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 480-1212 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Toledo that are able to give price quote information.