Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Toledo is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Ohio. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,343, Toledo drivers can save about 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don't grasp the amount of money they would save if they switched.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Companies don't necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with slightly better prices than normal.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Toledo and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as compared to bad drivers.
- Driver Safety - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger companies have a lower rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your overall bill.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, military active duty, multi-policy, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, good student, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver's education, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance has discounts for homeowner, online shopper, good student, renters, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, driver training, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in Toledo.
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get insurance quotes from their websites. The process can be done by anyone because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Once you submit the form, the system collects your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on the data you entered. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium possible.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Ohio. To find cheap auto insurance in OH, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
There's no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- Is my Ford Freestyle covered for flood damage?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Toledo who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Toledo?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you need to find a local Toledo insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are highly trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Toledo that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, it's recommended you get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Toledo willing to provide comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: AOK Ins and Financial Services LLC
4452 Heatherdowns Blvd - Toledo, OH 43614 - (419) 472-9405 - View Map
Shop around and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We just presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Ford Freestyle insurance in Toledo. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)