Sad but true, most consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many consumers in Ohio could pocket nearly 55% a year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Toledo is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Ohio. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Ohio. The easiest way to find competitive Ford F-150 insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Ohio. To find cheap auto insurance in Toledo, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Statistics and details
The rate table shown next showcases estimates of insurance premium costs for Ford F-150 models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$72||$100||$214||$12||$64||$462||$39|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$72||$126||$214||$12||$64||$488||$41|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$72||$126||$214||$12||$64||$488||$41|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$72||$126||$214||$12||$64||$488||$41|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$72||$126||$214||$12||$64||$488||$41|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$84||$126||$214||$12||$64||$500||$42|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$84||$126||$214||$12||$64||$500||$42|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$84||$126||$214||$12||$64||$500||$42|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$84||$126||$214||$12||$64||$500||$42|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$84||$126||$214||$12||$64||$500||$42|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$84||$126||$214||$12||$64||$500||$42|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$84||$126||$214||$12||$64||$500||$42|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$84||$126||$214||$12||$64||$500||$42|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$94||$126||$214||$12||$64||$510||$43|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$94||$126||$214||$12||$64||$510||$43|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$94||$126||$214||$12||$64||$510||$43|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$94||$154||$214||$12||$64||$538||$45|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$94||$154||$214||$12||$64||$538||$45|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$94||$154||$214||$12||$64||$538||$45|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$94||$154||$214||$12||$64||$538||$45|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$94||$154||$214||$12||$64||$538||$45|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$94||$154||$214||$12||$64||$538||$45|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$94||$154||$214||$12||$64||$538||$45|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$94||$154||$214||$12||$64||$538||$45|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$94||$154||$214||$12||$64||$538||$45|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$94||$182||$214||$12||$64||$566||$47|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$94||$182||$214||$12||$64||$566||$47|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$94||$182||$214||$12||$64||$566||$47|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$104||$182||$214||$12||$64||$576||$48|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$104||$182||$214||$12||$64||$576||$48|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$104||$182||$214||$12||$64||$576||$48|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in Toledo location which can change price quotes greatly.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford F-150 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can increase Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Toledo insurance discounts for a Ford F-150
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO includes discounts for bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, safe driver, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, bundled insurance, early bird, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Auto insurance is not optional in Ohio
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford F-150 in Toledo, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford F-150, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your F-150 are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is my Ford F-150 covered if I use it for business?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Toledo auto insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Toledo.
By using this quick form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Toledo that can give you free Toledo car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Toledo
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can write business with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparing car insurance rates, you need to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Toledo that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Anderson-Miller Insurance
4149 N Holland Sylvania Rd #3 – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 882-1770 – View Map
- Park and Co Insurance
5749 Park Center Ct – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 474-8135 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance – AOK Agency
5207 Secor Rd – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 472-9405 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Toledo who can help you get price quote information.
- Todd Riggs – State Farm Insurance Agent
7109 Central Ave – Toledo, OH 43617 – (419) 841-4800 – View Map
- Johnny Horn – State Farm Insurance Agent
457 S Reynolds Rd d – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 531-4800 – View Map
- Dave Bly – State Farm Insurance Agent
2416 W Laskey Rd – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 474-9672 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Toledo?