Wish you could get a refund on an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Don't sweat it because there are lots of people in the same boat.
It's an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. People who compare rates at least once a year are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey found that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Ford Excursion insurance is your target objective, understanding how to compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
Due to the abundance of choices for buying cheaper insurance for a Ford Excursion in Toledo, it's nearly impossible to choose the right insurance company.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices change quite often. Just because you found the lowest rates on Ford Excursion insurance in Toledo a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn the only way to buy cheaper Ford Excursion insurance in Toledo.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes increases the chance that you will find better pricing. Not every company does Toledo Excursion insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price estimates from those companies as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Toledo, OH. If you want the best car insurance in OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Protect more than your Ford Excursion
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Toledo is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Toledo car insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger companies have a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with the best discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Buying car insurance from Toledo car insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Toledo that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking a insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Toledo should know the answers to these questions.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Toledo?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can you contact them at any time?
If you want a local agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Toledo exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, it's recommended you include multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are independent insurance agents in Toledo that are able to give price quote information.
Once you have received positive feedback to any questions you have as well as a price you're happy with, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Excursion.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Ohio limits are 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from getting keyed. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Excursion from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Excursion to save money on collision insurance.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other's property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people's claims. Liability doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Ohio requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses like dental work, hospital visits and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Best auto insurance in Toledo
Buying coverage from a good quality auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Ohio. The ranking information displayed below could help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 92%
- Erie Insurance - 88%
- American Family - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Nationwide - 88%
- 21st Century - 88%
- AAA Insurance - 87%
- Liberty Mutual - 87%
- Farmers Insurance - 87%
- The Hartford - 87%
More effort can pay off
When you buy Toledo car insurance online, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read many tips how you can shop for Ford Excursion insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Toledo car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford Excursion insurance in Toledo
The most effective way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Toledo is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
- First, gain an understanding of policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates like traffic violations and a bad credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Excursion coverage is available in Toledo. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Edge in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)