Locating cheaper insurance for a Volvo V50 in Ohio can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to save time. There is a better way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Volvo and obtain the lowest price from Toledo insurance agents and online providers.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Toledo can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. Shoppers just need to understand the fastest way to shop for auto insurance using one simple form.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked for before being credited.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Online Discount – Some companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Volvo V50 insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above are:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state. To see car insurance companies that offer discounts in Toledo, click here.
Finding a lower price on insurance is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to invest a little time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The information shown below outlines different insurance prices for Volvo V50 models. Having a better idea how insurance prices are established can help guide drivers when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|V50 AWD T5 R-Design||$106||$260||$256||$16||$76||$714||$60|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific Toledo garaging location which can decrease or increase rates substantially.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Volvo V50 insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The example below shows the comparison of Volvo V50 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Local Toledo insurance agents
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Toledo that provide free Toledo auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Toledo?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Toledo for you
If you’re trying to find a good Toledo insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Toledo are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Toledo that are able to give rate quotes.
- Todd Riggs – State Farm Insurance Agent
7109 Central Ave – Toledo, OH 43617 – (419) 841-4800 – View Map
- Dave Bly – State Farm Insurance Agent
2416 W Laskey Rd – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 474-9672 – View Map
- Jamie Mauntler – State Farm Insurance Agent
5401 Secor Rd – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 474-0559 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Toledo that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Great Lakes Insurance Partners
5215 Monroe St # 2 – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 841-2000 – View Map
- American Casualty Insurance
6060 Renaissance Pl i – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 885-3571 – View Map
- D and R Insurance Inc
240 S Reynolds Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 535-5600 – View Map
How to find a good Ohio car insurance company
Finding the top car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Ohio. The company information in the next section can help you choose which providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Smart shoppers get results
There are still a few companies who may not offer price quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Volvo V50 insurance in Toledo can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
People switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
How to buy lower priced Volvo V50 insurance in Toledo
The most effective way to get budget Volvo V50 insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Toledo.
- Try to comprehend policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Toledo Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)