If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Toledo.
- Try to comprehend coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic violations and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle's registration papers.
One important bit of advice is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Regrettably, most drivers in Ohio have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save approximately $859 a year, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company.
Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance discounts in Toledo
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Early Switch Discount - Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current C350 insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Toledo auto insurance online.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Toledo.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a family member in the military could mean lower prices.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below shows the difference between Mercedes-Benz C350 yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To locate companies who offer free Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance quotes in Ohio, click here to view.
There are several ways to get quotes from many different Ohio insurance companies. The easiest way to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
It's so easy to compare price quotes online that it replaces the need to drive around to insurance agents' offices. Comparing Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rate quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you're the type of person who wants the advice and guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible compare online quotes but still have the advice of a local agent.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so you also need to get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Ohio. To find the best cheap car insurance in OH, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and statistics
The premium table shown below covers detailed analysis of coverage costs for Mercedes-Benz C350 models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance policy premiums are formulated can help you make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$298||$234||$14||$70||$780||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in Toledo location which can modify price quotes substantially.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates based on gender
The example below illustrates the comparison of Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Mercedes-Benz C350 annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact formula of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Mercedes-Benz C350 book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When it comes to a policy, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What are the best liability limits?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers would rather have an agent's advice and that is not a bad decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Toledo.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
The following are agents in Toledo willing to provide comparison quotes for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Toledo.
Choosing an provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Toledo will have answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in Toledo?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Toledo?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Once you have satisfactory answers and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an insurance company that can be trusted to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage covers damage to your C350 caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to bump up the deductible on your C350 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and a broken windshield. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Ohio drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, doctor visits, nursing services, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people's claims. Liability doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, medical services, medical expenses, emergency aid and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Ohio state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Persistence will pay off
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance auto insurance rates in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Toledo is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
More information is available on the following sites:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Toledo Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)