Shocking but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. U.S. drivers could save themselves up to $859 a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The preferred way to find affordable quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Toledo is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Ohio. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and poor credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for additional tips to help keep prices low and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Toledo is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like the ages of drivers, if it has an alarm system, your credit rating estimate, and distance driven. The rating information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Toledo.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Ohio. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Toledo, OH, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Get affordable Fiat 500 insurance in Toledo with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Toledo auto insurance online.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Resident Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- No Claim Discounts – Toledo drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, anti-theft, driver’s education, student away at school, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, military active duty, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, homeowner, and drive less.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, pay in full, alternative fuel, distant student, bundle discounts, youthful driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- USAA has discounts for multi-policy, good student, loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, vehicle storage, and safe driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Find Cheaper Auto Insurance with These Tips
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- Lower miles driven equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Fiat in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance coverage reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money. An improperly rated 500 can cost quite a bit.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Being located in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Ohio cities have to deal with much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving means more chance of being in an accident.
- Theft deterrents lower premiums – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Traffic violations hurt – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Having just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Maintain auto insurance coverage – Not having insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could result in a license revocation or jail time.
Insurance loss statistics a Fiat 500 – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Fiat 500 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Fiat Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years