Remarkably, a study showed that most drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in Toledo could save up to 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Nissan 350Z insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Toledo.
- Try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover the details to keep prices down and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Toledo. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Toledo is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. But Ohio car owners need to learn how companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Just remember that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Ohio. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Toledo, OH, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance in Ohio serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 350Z has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your 350Z definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Nissan 350Z insurance in Toledo
Some providers do not list all their discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Toledo car insurance but check with your company.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Toledo, click here to view.
Local neighborhood Toledo car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Toledo who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Toledo for you
If you want to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive agencies in Toledo that are able to give price quote information.
Independent agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Toledo willing to provide price quotes.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Persistence will pay off
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
Budget-friendly insurance in Toledo can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
More learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Toledo Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)