If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Toledo is to compare quotes annually from companies who sell insurance in Ohio.
First, read and learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides additional ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Soul EV coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
A study showed that over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Ohio drivers could save as much as $730 every year, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rates online.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with how car insurance works and how you can save the most money. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare rates from many different companies online.
All the larger insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide pricing on their websites. Comparing Kia Soul EV insurance rates online can be done by anyone because it's just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into the form. Behind the scenes, the quote system pulls your driving record and credit report and generates a price determined by many factors.
The ability to get online price quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Toledo helps simplify price comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the best rate possible.
If you want to compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you're receiving rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Ohio. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Ohio, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Kia Soul EV insurance in Toledo
Companies don't list every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Claim-Free Discount - Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Toledo Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get slightly better premium rates than normal.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, homeowner, multi-car, mature driver, distant student, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include driver's education, anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, newly married, multi-car, newly retired, and preferred payment discount.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Toledo. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount rates in Ohio, click this link.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision Agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Toledo.
By using this short form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Toledo who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Toledo can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn the differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to compare quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Below are Toledo independent insurance agencies that may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Mouch Insurance Associates, Inc.
3132 W Sylvania Ave - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 725-0056 - View Map
- House of Insurance
5801 Telegraph Rd - Toledo, OH 43612 - (419) 476-8436 - View Map
- Powell Insurance Inc
6029 Renaissance Pl # A - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 882-1076 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Toledo who can help you get price quote information.
- Jeff Traudt - State Farm Insurance Agent
2828 Central Ave - Toledo, OH 43606 - (419) 473-3276 - View Map
- Vince Davis State Farm Insurance
3344 Secor Rd - Toledo, OH 43606 - (419) 244-2904 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: J. Mark Atkins
5330 Heatherdowns Blvd Ste 203 - Toledo, OH 43614 - (419) 867-8887 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Toledo?
- If they are an independent agency in Toledo, which companies do they recommend?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
How to find a good Ohio car insurance company
Finding a good quality insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are in Ohio. The company rank data in the lists below may help you select which providers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The General
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills such as X-ray expenses, nursing services, funeral costs, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Soul EV.
Since many Ohio drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Ohio limits are 25/50/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair bills for other people's vehicles, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Ohio requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Soul EV resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Soul EV to get cheaper collision coverage.
Compare rates regularly to save
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Toledo is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)