Are you irritated from not being able to scrape enough together to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than many other Ohio drivers.
It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will probably buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $860 a year as compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Toledo is your objective, knowing the best way to compare car insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Steps to buying lower priced Kia Amanti insurance in Toledo
The most effective way to save on Kia Amanti insurance in Toledo is to compare prices once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Ohio.
Step 1: Read about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle's registration.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at all possible companies. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
You have so many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to adequately compare rates for Kia Amanti insurance in Toledo.
It's a good habit to quote other rates yearly because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best deal on Kia Amanti insurance in Toledo last year a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Don't believe everything you read about Amanti insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some solid techniques on how to find cheap auto insurance in Toledo.
Components of Your Kia Amanti Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. When buying car insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find better car insurance rates.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Policies have extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if they're wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Safer cars means lower premiums - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
- Being married is a good thing - Getting married may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. It is viewed as being less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Bundling policies can get discounts - Many companies allow discounts to customers that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to compare Kia Amanti rates in Toledo to ensure the best deal. You may still find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Improve your credit rating and save - An insured's credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Amanti by improving your rating. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit.
- Vehicle theft costs us all - Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent car theft.
- Does your job raise your rates? - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as doctors, business owners, and emergency personnel have higher premium rates in part from intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like actors, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Ohio. The quickest method to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
It's so easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to actually drive to and from local Toledo insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates this option unless you prefer the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible to compare online quotes but still have the advice of a local agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that quoting more will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in OH, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia Amanti with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Toledo is overpaying more than $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Determine discounts to get cheap Toledo auto insurance rates
Some insurance providers don't always publicize every policy discount very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Toledo car insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Online Discount - Certain larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on the internet.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Amanti insurance in Toledo.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Renewal Discounts - Some companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current Amanti insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Toledo Homeowners Discount - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new Amanti can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Student Driver Training - Teen drivers should successfully take a driver's education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Driver Training Discounts - Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, anti-theft, good driver, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- MetLife has savings for good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include youthful driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, military active duty, air bags, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, drive less, homeowner, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Toledo.
Compare prices but work with a local Toledo insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important especially in Toledo.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Toledo who will give you bids for your business. You won't even need to contact an agency because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Toledo can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, it's a good idea to contact multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Toledo that may be able to give free insurance rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: AOK Ins and Financial Services LLC
4452 Heatherdowns Blvd - Toledo, OH 43614 - (419) 472-9405 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Toledo exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
After getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage.
What is the best auto insurance company in Ohio?
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurer is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Toledo. The company information listed below can help you pick which car insurance providers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- Travelers - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Allstate - A+
- Progressive - A+
- Erie Insurance - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Nationwide - A+
- Esurance - A+
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Kia Amanti is totaled?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Shop around and save
A few companies may not have rate quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Kia Amanti insurance in Toledo can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be easier than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Kia Amanti insurance in Toledo
The easiest way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Toledo is to compare quotes annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Ohio. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Find a Toledo insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Toledo. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Be sure to place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to make sure you're comparing identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)