If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find lower priced Jeep Cherokee insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Toledo. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Toledo insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Toledo consumers can save $730 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates and save money.
Cheapest car insurance in Toledo, OH
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Toledo, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Four factors that impact insurance prices
Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of car you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Amount of liability insurance – Liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Policy add-ons could be costing you – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Safer occupants lowers prices – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
Jeep Cherokee insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate premium rates. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jeep Cherokee vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Jeep Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD||76||105||77||87||90||109|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD||78||115||82||75||79||103|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Toledo insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with some insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your policy premiums.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Toledo. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Ohio, click this link.
When to contact an agent
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent. Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Toledo.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Toledo who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below is a list of insurance companies in Toledo willing to provide comparison quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Toledo.
- Nationwide Insurance: AOK Ins and Financial Services LLC
4452 Heatherdowns Blvd – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 472-9405 – View Map
- State Farm: Rex Sims
111 N Reynolds Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 531-4036 – View Map
- Mann Insurance
3005 Douglas Rd – Toledo, OH 43606 – (419) 255-0040 – View Map
- American Casualty Insurance
6060 Renaissance Pl i – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 885-3571 – View Map
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If they are an independent agency in Toledo, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Once you have reasonable responses to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you can always terminate coverage at any time so don’t feel you are locked into a policy with no way to switch.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Jeep Cherokee is totaled?
- What is GAP insurance?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
The best rates come from being thorough
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
The cheapest Jeep Cherokee insurance in Toledo is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Toledo, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional insurance information is available at the links below
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Edge in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)