It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy are very likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A study discovered that consumers who routinely compared rates saved $850 each year compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best rates on Honda CR-Z insurance in Toledo is why you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to compare auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Toledo is to compare prices annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Ohio. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
First, learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. View prices
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get prices on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Honda CR-Z insurance in Toledo is fairly straightforward as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on many factors.
Getting online price quotes for Honda CR-Z insurance in Toledo simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get affordable rates.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The following companies can provide quotes in Toledo, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Car insurance in Ohio serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Ohio but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda CR-Z, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Honda and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your CR-Z definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
These discounts can reduce Honda CR-Z insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you may earn up to 20% and get you inexpensive Honda CR-Z insurance in Toledo.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Early Switch Discount – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Toledo car insurance quotes online.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will help reduce your overall bill.
Auto insurance companies that may include these benefits include:
When getting free Toledo car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be offered in your area. To view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local Toledo insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Toledo that can give you free Toledo car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Toledo should be willing to answer these questions.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
The difference between Toledo car insurance agents
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Toledo may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Toledo exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Henry Geha – State Farm Insurance Agent
4750 Monroe Street – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 472-1399 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: William Swade
2114 N Reynolds Rd – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 536-9166 – View Map
- State Farm: Romie Brown
1843 W Alexis Rd #1 – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 480-1212 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Toledo that can give you comparison quotes.
- Park and Co Insurance
5749 Park Center Ct – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 474-8135 – View Map
- House of Insurance
5801 Telegraph Rd – Toledo, OH 43612 – (419) 476-8436 – View Map
- Stoner Johnson Insurance Agency
2330 Airport Hwy – Toledo, OH 43609 – (419) 385-3101 – View Map
Get the best coverage at the best price
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
We covered many tips how you can find cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Toledo. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Toledo car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)