Truthfully, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Toledo. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and your credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides the details to help prevent costly coverage and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of insureds have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Ohio could pocket as much as $730 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
Best GMC Acadia insurance rates in Ohio
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Toledo, OH. To get cheap car insurance in Toledo, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium information displayed below showcases a range of insurance rates for GMC Acadia models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are calculated is important for making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$164||$328||$296||$18||$88||$894||$75|
|Acadia SL AWD||$188||$328||$296||$18||$88||$918||$77|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$188||$328||$296||$18||$88||$918||$77|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$188||$398||$296||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$188||$398||$296||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$212||$398||$296||$18||$88||$1,012||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes noticeably.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can affect GMC Acadia premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Gender differences in insurance premiums
The information below illustrates the comparison of GMC Acadia auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every discount available very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Toledo car insurance quotes online.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of GMC Acadia annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Toledo.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Toledo
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices. Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time.
The list below includes a few of the things that factor into prices.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder vehicle theft.
- Never let your car insurance policy expire – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
Premiums drop with age – Teenage drivers in Ohio tend to be easily distracted when driving so car insurance rates are higher. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Performance affects insurance premiums – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows GMC Acadia insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
- Bundle and save – Many insurers provide discounts to buyers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare GMC Acadia rates in Toledo to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Stay claim-free and save – Companies in Ohio award the lowest premiums to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
GMC Acadia insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for GMC Acadia vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for GMC Acadia Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD 75 86 73 71 69 80 GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD 83 100 88 62 63 80BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Will my GMC Acadia be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Neighborhood Toledo auto insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting small agencies is still important in Toledo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Toledo who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Shown below are agents in Toledo that may be able to provide comparison quotes for GMC Acadia insurance in Toledo.
- Bob Burns Insurance and Financial
2229 W Laskey Rd – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 471-1950 – View Map
- Brooks Insurance
1120 Madison Ave – Toledo, OH 43604 – (419) 243-1191 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ahmad Rachidi
1544 S Byrne Rd – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 385-4107 – View Map
- Great Lakes Insurance Partners
5215 Monroe St # 2 – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 841-2000 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How long has their agency been open in Toledo?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Persistence will pay off
Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. The cheapest GMC Acadia insurance in Toledo is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on GMC Acadia insurance in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high prices, policy cancellation and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.