If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Toledo.
- First, try to learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for more information to help find cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Be sure to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for better prices are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates once a year saved about $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable Dodge Caliber insurance is the reason you’re here, learning how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
If you have auto insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding and comparing the lowest-priced auto insurance coverage in Toledo is not as hard as you think. But Ohio vehicle owners must learn how insurance companies set your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Low Cost companies for Dodge Caliber insurance in Ohio
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Toledo, OH. If you want the best car insurance in OH, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Dodge Caliber insurance rates and statistics
The information below showcases estimates of insurance premium costs for Dodge Caliber models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are figured is important to be able to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease rates significantly.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Dodge Caliber insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Caliber premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set rule for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Caliber replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies do not list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Toledo auto insurance online.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a defensive driving class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because it requires personal responsibility.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Caliber can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The example below compares Dodge Caliber insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Caliber may be costing you. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
The higher your credit score the lower your rates – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Caliber by repairing your credit. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
Filing policy claims can cost more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Ohio generally give lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Employer impacts premiums – Careers like military personnel, social workers, and stock brokers are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, careers like farmers, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to choosing your policy, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Toledo.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Toledo auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you would like to find a local agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they can write business through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to include several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Toledo who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Knight Insurance Group
22 N Erie St – Toledo, OH 43624 – (419) 241-5133 – View Map
- Stoner Johnson Insurance Agency
2330 Airport Hwy – Toledo, OH 43609 – (419) 385-3101 – View Map
- Park and Co Insurance
5749 Park Center Ct – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 474-8135 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Toledo who can help you get comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Doug Zajac
2119 W Sylvania Ave – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 472-5154 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Evans Insurance Group Corp.
1900 Monroe St – Toledo, OH 43604 – (419) 241-8061 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Nicholas Chupp
2338 W Laskey Rd – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 861-3412 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Which family members are covered?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Which car insurance company is best in Ohio?
Finding the top company is hard considering how many choices you have in Ohio. The company ratings shown next could help you select which auto insurers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Smart shoppers get results
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to find cheap Dodge Caliber insurance in Toledo. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Toledo auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)