It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will most likely switch companies because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the best price on insurance is your target objective, then learning about how to find and compare insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Sonic insurance in Toledo is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Ohio.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives tips to keep prices down and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Get Chevy Sonic Insurance for Less
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower premium levels.
Shown below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurers provide better rates to clients that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Safer vehicles save money – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Chevy Sonic is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Liability coverage will provide protection if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Getting married can lower premiums – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other means you’re more financially stable and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Insurance loss data for a Chevy Sonic – Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Chevy Sonic vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The majority of larger companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get prices on the web. Getting Chevy Sonic insurance prices online doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Chevy Sonic insurance in Toledo makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a better rate.
To save time and compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Toledo, OH. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is not optional in Ohio
Even though Toledo Sonic insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Sonic insurance discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive reduced rates.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Toledo Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Toledo can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- No Claims – Toledo drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your insurance premiums.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Chevy Sonic insurance quotes in Toledo in Ohio, click here.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Toledo car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because prices are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Does their agency support local causes in Toledo?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Best auto insurance company in Toledo
Finding the best insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Ohio. The ranking data in the lists below could help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Compare rates regularly to save
When getting Toledo car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price.
The cheapest Chevy Sonic insurance in Toledo is possible both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and many times these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies.
We just showed you many tips how you can reduce Chevy Sonic insurance premium rates online in Toledo. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Sonic insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)