Do you want to save money by buying the cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Toledo? Shopping for cheaper Toledo Chevy Cruze insurance quotes is challenging for vehicle owners not familiar with comparing rates over the internet. Because there are so many insurance companies available, how can vehicle owners efficiently compare them all to find the best available price?
Unthinkable but true, over 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. The average driver in Ohio can cut their rates by nearly $700 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
When looking for inexpensive Toledo car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rate quotes from lots of Ohio auto insurance companies. The simplest method to do a complete rate comparison is simply to get online rate quotes.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
The following companies can provide quotes in Toledo, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Toledo without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger car insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Toledo can earn you a little savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Toledo could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount should definitely cut your car insurance premiums.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include good student, multiple policy, good driver, anti-theft, student away at school, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, and easy pay.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, multi-policy, good student, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-car, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for homeowners, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, early bird, and 55 and older.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, and anti-theft.
Check with every company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Toledo. If you would like to view car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Toledo, click here to view.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
- Married drivers get better rates – Walking down the aisle actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Gender matters – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- More stress means more cost – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and dentists usually pay the highest rates because of intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs like professors, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem good at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Good credit equals lower costs – An insured’s credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Cruze by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Safeguard your assets with liability – Liability coverage will provide protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the miles on your Chevy every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your declarations sheet shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Cruze may be costing you.
Chevy Cruze claim probability – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have increased rates. The data below shows the historical loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Cruze Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Toledo who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Toledo, get answers to these questions.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does their agency support local causes in Toledo?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
The difference between Toledo car insurance agents
If you want a local Toledo insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Toledo are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Toledo who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Jeff Traudt – State Farm Insurance Agent
2828 Central Ave – Toledo, OH 43606 – (419) 473-3276 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Arrow Dickerson
5415 Monroe St #2a – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 841-5017 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jessica J. Hernandez
1855 S Reynolds Rd B – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 536-9000 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Toledo who can help you get price quote information.
- Bob Burns Insurance and Financial
2229 W Laskey Rd – Toledo, OH 43613 – (419) 471-1950 – View Map
- Powell Insurance Inc
6029 Renaissance Pl # A – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 882-1076 – View Map
- Knight Insurance Group
22 N Erie St – Toledo, OH 43624 – (419) 241-5133 – View Map
Auto insurance can be complex
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Quote often and quote early
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your Chevy Cruze insurance prices in Toledo. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Cheaper auto insurance in Toledo is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
How to buy affordable Chevy Cruze insurance in Toledo
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on Chevy Cruze insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Toledo. This can be done by following these steps.
- Learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Toledo. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Single Moms in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Toledo Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Toledo, Ohio? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)