It's an obvious statement that car insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. People who compare rates once a year are inclined to switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved an average of $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on auto insurance in Toledo is why you're here, then learning about the best ways to shop for insurance can save time and money.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Toledo.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher rates like distracted driving and poor credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives tips to find cheap prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. When you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Our objective is to help educate you on how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Smart shoppers only need to know the quickest method to shop online.
Best companies for affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Ohio
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Toledo, OH. To get cheap car insurance in OH, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Verify you're getting every discount
Companies don't necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Toledo car insurance online.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up early. It could save around 10% when you buy Toledo car insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to monitor driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
If you would like to view providers who offer online Chevy Captiva Sport insurance quotes in Ohio, click this link.
Informed Drivers Save on Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in cheaper rates.
- Know your credit score - Your credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Captiva Sport by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
- How much liability - Liability insurance is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Marriage is a good thing - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being more financially stable and it's statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Many insurance companies afford better rates to customers who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Captiva Sport - Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Models Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is available from agents near you
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Toledo.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Toledo who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won't need to leave your computer because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find a local Toledo insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can provide insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, it's a good idea to compare prices from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Toledo that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- D and R Insurance Inc
240 S Reynolds Rd - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 535-5600 - View Map
- Knight Insurance Group
22 N Erie St - Toledo, OH 43624 - (419) 241-5133 - View Map
- Burnor Insurance Agency Inc.
316 N Michigan St - Toledo, OH 43604 - (419) 243-6108 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company's prices such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Toledo willing to provide price quote information.
- Marty Vugrinac - State Farm Insurance Agent
1022 S Reynolds Rd - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 389-0533 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Patrick Hogan
3700 N Holland Sylvania Rd - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 517-5579 - View Map
- Vince Davis State Farm Insurance
3344 Secor Rd - Toledo, OH 43606 - (419) 244-2904 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Toledo will have answers to these questions.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
How much can you save?
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Toledo. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, delays in paying claims or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Additional insurance information can be read at these links: