It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who rate shop once a year are likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is your ultimate target, learning how to shop for insurance rates can help simplify the process.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Volvo V60 insurance is to compare prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Toledo. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives more information to help keep rates affordable and find hidden discounts.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save money using these techniques. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Toledo is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Although Ohio vehicle owners do need to understand the methods companies use to determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
What Determines Volvo V60 Insurance Premiums?
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like where you live and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors that factor into prices.
- Rates increase with driving citations – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have severe tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – The liability section of your policy provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- High physical damage deductibles equal low rates – Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Volvo V60 statistical loss data – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Volvo V60 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help save money on Volvo V60 insurance in Toledo
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Toledo auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
Auto insurance companies that may include most of these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in Toledo.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on Volvo V60 insurance in Toledo. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Volvo V60 insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Budget-conscious Volvo V60 insurance can be sourced online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information can be read at these links:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)