Mazda CX-5 insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Shocking but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Most drivers in Ohio can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Truthfully, the best way to find better pricing on Mazda CX-5 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Toledo. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for tips to help find cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Quoting and comparing the lowest cost insurance policy in Toledo is not that difficult. If you have coverage now or need new coverage, you can learn to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Smart buyers just have to understand the best way to quote multiple rates from many different companies.
Best companies for cheap Mazda CX-5 insurance in Ohio
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Ohio. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Toledo, OH, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Some companies do not list every policy discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to you.
- No Claim Discounts - Toledo drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Toledo auto insurance quote compared to frequent claim filers.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Mature drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total CX-5 insurance premium.
- Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, accident-free, claim-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for location of vehicle, accident-free, type of vehicle, multi-car, and good driver.
- Nationwide has discounts for defensive driving, multi-policy, easy pay, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, good student, air bags, and federal employee.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
If you want inexpensive Toledo auto insurance quotes, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area. To see a list of companies that offer discounts in Toledo, follow this link.
Local Toledo insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent. Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Toledo.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Toledo that give free quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Insurance agent types
If you want a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Toledo can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Toledo who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Regan Insurance
3034 W Sylvania Ave - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 292-0001 - View Map
- Park and Co Insurance
5749 Park Center Ct - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 474-8135 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance - AOK Agency
5207 Secor Rd - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 472-9405 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Toledo who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Nicholas Chupp
2338 W Laskey Rd - Toledo, OH 43613 - (419) 861-3412 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Patrick Hogan
3700 N Holland Sylvania Rd - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 517-5579 - View Map
- Johnny Horn - State Farm Insurance Agent
457 S Reynolds Rd d - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 531-4800 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
If you feel you receive positive responses and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your auto insurance policy. Just understand that you can terminate coverage for any reason so never feel you're contractually obligated to a specific company indefinitely.
Cheap car insurance premiums are possible
When you buy Toledo auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced car insurance in Toledo can be sourced both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund or even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Toledo Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- How Much is Toledo Car Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Toledo? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Toledo Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)