We don't have to tell you that insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who get price quotes annually are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on Chevy SS insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The recommended way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Toledo.
Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for ideas to get affordable coverage and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper SS coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to point out is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Quoting and comparing the cheapest insurance coverage in Toledo is simple if you know the tricks. But Ohio vehicle owners do need to know the way insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
When quoting insurance, remember that quoting more will improve the odds of getting a lower rate. Not every company does Toledo SS insurance quotes online, so you need to compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Chevy SS insurance in Toledo
Companies that sell car insurance don't list every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new SS can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Sign Online - Some larger companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on the internet.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Toledo car insurance quote compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, multiple policy, good student, multiple autos, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, business and professional, teen driver, alternative fuel, multi-car, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, driver training, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- American Family offers premium reductions for accident-free, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good driver, and early bird.
- Nationwide includes discounts for Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, family plan, easy pay, multi-policy, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with significant discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Toledo Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like where you live and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The following are a few of the things used by companies to determine premiums.
Rates and your address - Living in a rural area has it's advantages when talking about auto insurance. Residents of big cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Younger drivers are expensive to insure - Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
Prevent auto insurance lapses - Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Ohio motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Better prices with anti-theft devices - Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Liability insurance risk factors - Liability coverage will protect you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Chevy. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Chevy SS insurance loss data - Companies use statistical claims data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the collected loss data for Chevy SS vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents are trained to help
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper prices but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Toledo.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Toledo who will give you quotes to get your business. You won't even need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you directly. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a good insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it's recommended you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Toledo who can help you get free price quotes.
- Great Lakes Insurance Partners
5215 Monroe St # 2 - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 841-2000 - View Map
- American Casualty Insurance
6060 Renaissance Pl i - Toledo, OH 43623 - (419) 885-3571 - View Map
- Mann Insurance
3005 Douglas Rd - Toledo, OH 43606 - (419) 255-0040 - View Map
These agents can only provide one company's prices like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are Toledo exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Yark Insurance Agency
6019 Central Ave b - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 842-7660 - View Map
- Johnny Horn - State Farm Insurance Agent
457 S Reynolds Rd d - Toledo, OH 43615 - (419) 531-4800 - View Map
- Todd Riggs - State Farm Insurance Agent
7109 Central Ave - Toledo, OH 43617 - (419) 841-4800 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How long has their agency been in business in Toledo?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What companies can they write with?
Which is the best auto insurance?
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Cheap Chevy SS insurance in Toledo can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Toledo car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies can be less work than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional information can be read below: