Would you like to stop wasting money and find more competitive car insurance rates in Toledo, OH? Toledo drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Dodge Ram insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for a Dodge and locate the best price possible.
Finding a lower price on Dodge Ram insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to take the time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Toledo, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very well, so the below list has some of the more common as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Having all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Toledo auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors can get a slight reduction on a Toledo auto insurance quote.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in high school.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Toledo Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Toledo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Ram insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Toledo auto insurance online.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram premium costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, passive restraint, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Esurance includes discounts for good student, online quote, homeowner, DriveSense, safety device, multi-policy, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Dodge Ram rate quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Coverage statistics and figures
The premium information displayed next showcases a range of prices for Dodge Ram models. Understanding more about how auto insurance prices are determined can help guide drivers when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$106||$150||$262||$16||$78||$612||$51|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$118||$182||$262||$16||$78||$656||$55|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$118||$182||$262||$16||$78||$656||$55|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$118||$182||$262||$16||$78||$656||$55|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$118||$182||$262||$16||$78||$656||$55|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$118||$182||$262||$16||$78||$656||$55|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$118||$182||$262||$16||$78||$656||$55|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$118||$182||$262||$16||$78||$656||$55|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$118||$182||$262||$16||$78||$656||$55|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$132||$214||$262||$16||$78||$702||$59|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$132||$214||$262||$16||$78||$702||$59|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$132||$214||$262||$16||$78||$702||$59|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$132||$214||$262||$16||$78||$702||$59|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$132||$214||$262||$16||$78||$702||$59|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$132||$214||$262||$16||$78||$702||$59|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$132||$214||$262||$16||$78||$702||$59|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$132||$214||$262||$16||$78||$702||$59|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$132||$214||$262||$16||$78||$702||$59|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$132||$248||$262||$16||$78||$736||$61|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$132||$248||$262||$16||$78||$736||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn’t a steadfast formula to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Ohio car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Ohio. The rank data below can help you analyze which coverage providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Toledo Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
How Insurance Companies Calculate Dodge Ram Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but some are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Five star crash test rating saves money – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Ram scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Insurance costs and driver gender – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
The chart below compares Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Allowing your coverage to lapse raises rates – Driving without insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Ohio department of motor vehicles.
- Marriage discount – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your insurance policy. Marriage is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Rates go up with performance – The type of car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following chart assumes a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Dodge Ram policy rates compared to other models that have different performances.
Careless drivers pay higher costs – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accidents can drive up Dodge Ram premium costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.