It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who compare other rates will probably buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your target objective, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Toledo is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Ohio.
First, read and learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One thing to remember is that you use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Toledo, OH. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Ohio, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
These five discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Toledo Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for professional/association, location of vehicle, multi-car, good student, accident-free, ease of repair, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include switch companies, teen driver, early shopping, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, distant student, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, safe driver, renewal discount, driver training, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, good student, student away at school, and good driver.
- Allstate may offer discounts for premier plus, new car, good payer, multi-policy, resident student, and safe driver.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, federal employee, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be available in your area. For a list of insurers who offer online Audi TT RS insurance quotes in Toledo, follow this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A lot of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Professional agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Toledo who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Toledo?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Two types of auto insurance agents
When finding local Toledo agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
These type of agents can only write with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following are Toledo exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Vince Davis State Farm Insurance
3344 Secor Rd – Toledo, OH 43606 – (419) 244-2904 – View Map
- Becki Ballenger – State Farm Insurance Agent
3520 Heatherdowns Blvd #5 – Toledo, OH 43614 – (419) 385-5775 – View Map
- Johnny Horn – State Farm Insurance Agent
457 S Reynolds Rd d – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 531-4800 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are Toledo independent agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Great Lakes Insurance Partners
5215 Monroe St # 2 – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 841-2000 – View Map
- Walton Insurance LLC
3307 N Holland Sylvania Rd #6 – Toledo, OH 43615 – (419) 725-2886 – View Map
- Anderson-Miller Insurance
4149 N Holland Sylvania Rd #3 – Toledo, OH 43623 – (419) 882-1770 – View Map
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your TT RS resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your TT RS in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Audi TT RS.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Ohio limits are 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses like nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, falling objects, theft and fire damage. The most your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, bail bonds, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Ohio state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough.
Shop smart and save
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
When getting Toledo auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Discount Audi TT RS insurance in Toledo is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Toledo? (FAQ)
- How Much are Toledo Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Toledo Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Toledo? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)